Sunday, July 15, 2012

Day 29 Still on ECMO

Anya’s blood gases were not exactly what they needed to be so they delayed taking her off ECMO. It is a little disappointing but they hope to take her off tomorrow afternoon. Right after the decision was made the gases started looking better, so hopefully tomorrow will be the big day. I called this evening to check on her; she is getting stronger because she pulled out her NG tube...twice. I think she is ready to be better too!
I swear;  this kid is going to have more milestones than we know what to do with. Birthday, day she got of ECMO, day she got off the vent, day she went home: I picture her being 13 rolling her eyes at me. J

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it an extra super sweet image to picture our CDH kiddos being 13 and rolling their eyes at us. I know where you are is hard so pictures like that one can help us remember what we're working towards.

    Sending strength to you.
    Corinne
    Mama to Samuel, lcdh, Feb1/11
    www.samuelslight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. She will let you know when she is ready! And she is the boss. :)

    Mama to Clara Mae, 3/23/11
    LCDH, ECMO survivor
    www.thehardylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is to her coming off ECMO very soon.

    Anu
    Expecting my LCDH baby boy Aug 24th
    http://ourcdhherolittlea.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete